Saturday, August 2, 2008

Done, done, and DONE!

I finished up my internship today! It was so hectic, I was working right up until the last minute and have gotten so little sleep! I gave my presentation yesterday and I think it went well. There was a pretty big crowd and the director came- eek! It is so funny people tell me when I give presentations/talks I don't seem nervous and speak well but in reality I always feel SO nervous! But at least I can fool people haha. I was in the office until about two today putting the finishing touches on the final report and getting it formatted and printed. WII had someone help me format so it looks really nice and professional. I can't wait to show it to you guys! I wish I had a couple more days just to really perfect it but I think it is still pretty good so oh well.

After finishing up the report I had my friend Tanu do mendhi (henna) on my hand and feet. It is so beautiful, I love it! She was so kind to offer to do it. I was so impressed at how stable her hand was in drawing such intricate designs, it is really an art! It took her about an hour and a half. After it dried I had to rewet it with this awful sticky lemon juice/sugar mix and then wait a couple more hours to scrap it off. All you want to do is wash your hand the whole time but in the end it was worth it.

Tanu and I after she finished my mendhi!


This is a super quick shot of what it looks like once it's all scraped off. I'll get some better ones later!

I also finally got to go this beautiful Buddhist stupa in the city, part of a small Tibetan community. It was really neat and made me reminisce about the Tibetan villages I visited last summer. I went with Parabita and San-Geeta. We had a wonderful meal at a little cafe there of this delicious soup called thukpa.


San Geeta and I goofing around at the stupa.

Tonight I've pretty much just been packing up all my crap and getting ready to go. I can hardly believe I've been here for two months. It was so nice, Jennie gathered a big group of all the students and they came to visit me in my room and say goodbye. We all sat around and talked for a bit, it was really good to see them all together before I go. I'm really gonna miss everyone! I really love all the people I've met, it is definitely bittersweet to be leaving!

Ok, so I'm leaving in just 4 short hours and I have a lot more to do. I'm taking the early morning train to New Delhi then chillin there for the day, maybe hitting up a museum. Monday morning I fly to NEPAL! I'm SO excited! I'll be sightseeing in Kathmandu for a couple days then heading to Pokhara to do a week long trek in the Himalayas. It is way off season so it is just going to be the guide and me! I think it will be really refreshing to just enjoy nature and clear my head. Especially before coming home to begin my SENIOR year of college...so unreal. Anyways, I'll try to update when I can, love you guys!!!

1 comments:

Devon said...

molly i have absolutely loved reading about your trip and looking at all of your pictures! it sounds like you had an incredible summer. i cant wait to have you back!