Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm back!

Hello everyone!

So after a failed foray into the blogging world last summer (blogspot was blocked in China) and because of the insistence of my wonderful sister Tristina, I have decided to re-enter the blogging world, hurrah! I have always had my hesitations about this whole blogging thing but since my Skype is really not working in India I figure this would be a nice way for me to keep in touch, share pictures, videos etc, and everyone can check it at their convenience. So, here I am!

A brief update for any family/friends who don't know what I've been up to, I am spending the summer in India doing an internship at the Wildlife Institute studying trade in endangered species. My experience thus far has been really amazing and a bit challenging at times. I have been here about a month and have about a month more to go before I take about two weeks to travel in Nepal. Below are a few of my favorite India pictures- enjoy!

Love,
Molly
There are monkeys ALL over the Wildlife Institute's campus! They are actually a little bit frightening and have even stolen food from my room! The building in that picture is where my dorm is and that path covered with monkeys is the one I take to and from work every day!


There are also cows EVERYWHERE! The streets of India are nuts- horns constantly honking, cows, motorcycles, people! The cow is sacred in Hinduism so they pretty much do whatever they want.

Stephanie and I took a weekend visit to the city of Chandigarh and ran into this lovely fellow at a place called the Rock Garden. He called himself the "guardian angel of tourists" and insisted we take a picture! I just love his glasses!

WII really has a beautiful campus. They have about a 15-20 minute nature trail that Stephanie and I usually walk twice a day. Steph and I took this picture while we were walking it during sunset one day. On a clear day you can even see the Himalayas!

Okay, and the grand finale- a video! While we were traveling to Mussoorie, we had the incredible fortune to run into a really cool parade. I took this video of some of the traditional dancers!

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

wow! i am seriously jealous of your adventures! how cool! i knew you were going to south africa but i did not know about india at all! i feel so out of the loop! i am a bad friend. but it looks like you are just having an incredible experience! update lots! your life is so entertaining!!